The Bestest in the Barn

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Week 8 Thing 19

I just finished exploring www.lulu.com which won Web 2.0 Best Website award for the book category. It's a site which allows you to self-publish. I took the tutorial and it really looks easy! I looked around the site and I found a book on the site that a nine-year-old girl wrote called "Riding the Storm Out" that was based on a true story about dolphins from an Marine Aquarium that were unable to be evacuated before hurricane Katrina and were swept out to sea. The book is listed on Amazon! The book looks beautifully done and very professional. I can see why the website won first place. The only problem I had with the site is that you can't get to a lot of the features unless you sign up. (Which is really no big deal, I guess--registration is free--I just wasn't ready to sign up yet) All-in-all, I really enjoyed my visit to the world of lulu.

No comments: