The Bestest in the Barn

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Week 9 Thing 23

Drum roll please, This is my last "Thing". Wow! Looking back over the weeks of this program, I think we have covered a lot of ground. Some of it has been pure fun, some, not so much. But I have learned a lot. Picking out a favorite thing is not so easy. My first impulse is to say Library Thing. I have visited that site on a daily basis since I set up my account there, adding new books as I make my way through the HUGE pile I have to read. What a fantastic resource that will be for me. My own personal virtual library that travels with me wherever I am. I enjoyed my visit to YouTube and think I might try to visit more frequently in the future. In the past, I have only dropped by very irregularly. I loved learning about Zoho and think I will use that frequently. Del.icio.us will come in handy to keep my bookmarks portable. I love my Meez and had a great time playing around on that site with my son the other day. Finally, I got to teach HIM something techie! Flickr was a blast and I had the time of my life with the image generators. The big surprise? I love blogging! I plan to continue with heavy emphasis on Juvenile and YA book reviews. But I really think what I liked best was just the whole experience. Yes, it was summer, and the timing was kind of bad, and everything was crazy and, who in the heck came up with 23 things anyway? What's wrong with 10? Or 15? And, blah, blah, blah. But still... It was kind of fun to have a new "assignment" to look forward to every week and new websites to explore. I can't say I loved every technology I learned about, but I certainly enjoyed learning .

1 comment:

Gail Griffith said...

Congratulations on finishing all 3 things!! I really enjoyed reading your blog, too. :-)