The Bestest in the Barn

Friday, August 3, 2007

Week 9 Thing 21

Podcasts. Okay. Remember the golden days of yore, when the whole family gathered around "The Radio" to hear the latest exploits of The Lone Ranger and The Shadow? Yeah, me neither. Well, now we can all gather around "The Computer" and LISTEN to the latest installment of MuggleCast from MuggleNet.com. Ah, everything old is new again. But much cooler, because it's "The Computer", right? Boy, do I sound cynical! Sorry, this is the person who doesn't even turn on her TV unless there's a football game on. Now, don't get me wrong, I do think Podcasts have enormous potential as educational tools, (they've certainly helped me throughout this 23 Things assignment) but otherwise? Well, having said all that I dove into the waters of Podcasts and enjoyed the dip. I even found a Podcast I really liked and found VERY useful. I added it to my Bloglines account and might even be forced to visit that account again because of this Podcast. (Something I previously had no intention of doing.) It's called Childrens Book Radio. There's a great website with links to all the books that they discuss. They review one book per broadcast, so it's never too lengthy-perfect for MY short attention span. The host has a genuiune passion for children's books, just like me. A perfect fit. Oh, and I really DID enjoy the MuggleCast too. It was a wonderful discussion of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" and I got a lot of great ideas for a Harry Potter debriefing that my branch is thinking about doing this fall. Is it something I would listen to on a regular basis? Well, I think, that, just like TV, I'd really just rather read a book.

No comments: